How to Watch Spotify Videos on TV?
How to Watch Spotify Videos on TV? With the streaming service’s wide range of content including music videos, concerts, and podcasts, it’s easy to enjoy all this entertainment on the big screen. This guide will walk you through the simple steps to start watching Spotify videos on your TV in just a few minutes.
Spotify has become one of the top music and podcast streaming services, with over 456 million users worldwide. While Spotify is best known for its extensive music catalog, the platform also offers a growing library of video content. This includes music videos, concert footage, and video podcasts.
If you want to watch Spotify videos on the big screen, you can easily do so by viewing them on your smart TV. With just a few simple steps, you can enjoy Spotify’s video offerings right from the comfort of your living room.
An Introduction to Watching Spotify Videos on TV
The key to watching Spotify videos on your television is downloading the Spotify app onto your smart TV. Most modern internet-connected TVs offer the Spotify app in their respective app stores. Once installed, you can access your Spotify account and playlists directly through your television.
You can then watch any of Spotify’s video content, including video podcasts, music videos, and more. The steps are very straightforward, requiring just downloading the app, logging into your account, and playing a video.
With Spotify on your television, you can enjoy your favorite video podcasts like The Joe Rogan Experience on the big screen. Music videos also come to life when viewed on a large TV display with enhanced audio from your home theater system. Also, you may want to check out controls for spotify.
Below we will walk through everything you need to know to start watching Spotify videos on your television.
Pre-Requisites: What You Need to Get Started
Before you can start watching Spotify videos on your TV, you’ll need to ensure you have the following:
A Compatible Smart Television
Spotify is available on most modern smart TVs from top brands like Samsung, LG, Sony, Vizio, and more. As long as your TV can connect to the internet and supports downloading apps, you should be able to install Spotify.
It’s also available on digital media hubs like Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, and Fire TV. So if your non-smart TV is connected to one of these devices, you can access Spotify by using the Spotify app on the streaming hub.
The Spotify App Installed on Your TV
Naturally, you’ll need to have the official Spotify app installed on your smart TV or media device. It can usually be found in the app store on your television or hardware like Roku and Fire TV.
A Spotify Premium Account
A Spotify Premium subscription is required to watch videos on TV. So before you get started, make sure you have a paid Premium account. If you don’t already subscribe, you can easily sign up on Spotify’s website.
With those prerequisites fulfilled, you’re ready to start watching Spotify videos!
Step-by-Step Guide to Watching Spotify Videos on TV
Here is a step-by-step walkthrough of how to watch Spotify videos on your television:
Download the Spotify App on Your Smart TV
The first step is to download the Spotify TV app. The process will vary slightly depending on your TV brand, but generally follows the same steps:
- Using your TV remote, access the smart hub or app menu. This is usually done by pressing a dedicated button like “Smart Hub” on Samsung TVs.
- Browse or search for the Spotify app. You may find it under the “Music” or “Entertainment” categories.
- Select the Spotify app and choose to download and install it. This usually only takes a few moments.
- Once installed, you may need to accept permissions and allow it to access your TV’s functions.
Log In to Your Spotify Account
After installing the app, you’ll need to log in to your Spotify account:
- Open the Spotify app from the app menu on your television.
- When prompted, enter your Spotify username and password.
- Allow access if the TV requires you to do so. The Spotify app will now open.
Browse or Search for a Video
You can now start watching videos!
- Browse sections like Music Videos or Podcasts & Shows to find something to watch.
- Or use the Search function to find a specific video podcast, concert, etc.
- Select a video and choose to play it.
- The video should start playing on your TV screen. Enjoy!
Tips for the Best Video Watching Experience
Here are some useful tips for getting the best experience watching Spotify videos on TV:
- Adjust your TV’s picture settings for optimal video quality. Turn off energy saving modes which can affect brightness and motion quality.
- For smooth, uninterrupted playback, use a wired internet connection instead of WiFi if possible. This prevents buffering and quality drops.
- Connect external speakers, a soundbar, or home theater system to enhance the audio. The improved sound will make concerts and performances even more immersive.
- Dim room lights and draw curtains/blinds to reduce screen glare. This creates ideal dark viewing conditions.
- Sit at a comfortable viewing distance from your TV, ideally 5-7 feet away on a medium-sized screen. This allows you to fully appreciate the big-screen experience.
- Add videos to Your Library or create playlists so you can easily find and watch favorite content.
Conclusion – Enjoy Your Favorite Videos on the Big Screen
With Spotify’s expansive catalogue of video content and podcasts, you now have a front-row seat right on your couch. Following the simple steps outlined above, you can start watching Spotify videos on your TV in just a few minutes.
Whether it’s the latest music videos from your favorite artists, concerts, or podcasts like the Joe Rogan Experience, it will all come to life on your television screen and enhanced audio system. And with a few video watching tips like optimizing your TV settings and lighting, you can enjoy the best quality experience.
So grab some snacks, get cozy on the couch, and start having a blast watching Spotify videos on the big screen TV! With endless content at your fingertips, you’ll always find something entertaining to watch.